Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Undergroud World...
Imagine an underground (above ground actually) society of nerds who live off a new network that we'll call www3. WWW3 would exist completely off of wireless signals and servers added to the wireless network. West coast to East coast, we have massive amounts of antennas and users setting up stations to spread the network with radars, massive DBi antennas, etc. The IEEE would control the standards of the network, but nothing could really stop the ability to do as we please. On the current 'internet' based network (www) we have rules and restrictions on everything we do and how we can do it, but in our own society of this www3 we would have full rain and control over what goes on.

Now all of this sounds crazy and unrealistic; how could a few nerds create their own network outside of the current WWW you might ask? That I do not know and honestly I think I am loosing my mind, but I think it would be awesome to see something like this started. It would be a hell of a way to put down people like the 2 senators trying to make wireless networking a commercial business. Start out in slow clusters and we all slowly bridge our connections together. A little cluster in smalltown, USA merges with bigtown, USA and bigtown1 meets bigtown2 and we all slowly grow together.

Every little nerdy kid / techie / geek / scriptkiddie gets a chance to be something and gets a chance to create something of their own. New servers, new atennas, new clusters, etc all would have to be created and their is no one stopping anyone from doing any of it.

I know it's a crazy idea and seems pointless, but I just thought I would see what people though. I'm honestly contimplating trying a wide area network via a wireless connection in my town and see how many people I can get hooked into it.

Post your comments in the comments section :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Wired010 said...

As apposed to posting the comments somewhere else? LOL. Sing me up for an old DirecTV dish ;) Maybe we can borrow some of the ones at work :)

8:56 PM  
Blogger Vash said...

Wasn't WWW3 an evil group in the Megman Battle Network series for GBA?

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » »

5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! film editing schools

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home